**When attempting any hair/skin care tool/technique that requires heat do so with EXTREME caution. Your safety comes before any style. **
When you hear the phrase "hot oil treatment" you of course think "hot oil" when in actuality it's more like "a warm, but not warm enough to burn treatment".
Why do a hot oil treatment?
- When you hair is dry, the hair shaft becomes weak and damaged. Resulting in your hair breaking and splitting. Not only does this make your hair appear frizzy and unhealthy, it also makes it seem as if it is just not growing, since the ends keep breaking off.
- When you apply a hot oil treatment it penetrates and seals moisture into the hair shaft. The appearance of smoother healthier hair starts by the treatment coating and smoothing ends.
- After relaxing treatments or any kind of chemical processing, hot oil treatments can help improve elasticity, moisture and sheen.
- It not only conditions the hair, it detangles it as well, preventing further breakage from brushing and pulling the hair.
- Both long and short term benefits from helping to prevent further breakage.
- Application of the treatment helps to promote circulation and blood flow to the scalp through the gentle massage.
- This process encourages the production of the scalp's natural oils, which are the ideal oils for keeping the hair healthy.
Below we list out the steps to achieving a marvelous treatment that will leave your hair soft, supple and happy. Because as we say here at Curls With Care "happier hair, happier you!".
Step 1 : Cleanse hair or alternatively dampen hair.
Click link to read the complete step by step directions...