The Politics of Black Hair
The Politics of Black Hair is an event series hosted in Toronto, ON
We want this series to be an opportunity to begin a deeper dialogue amongst our community, beyond the natural vs relaxed debate. We intend to create a space where we can discuss the social, economic, historical, and environmental factors concerning Black Hair. Our hope is that at the end of every event someone will leave feeling empowered and enlightened.
Details on our next event:
When: May 31, 2015
Where: Revivial Bar (783 College St. - at Shaw)
Who: The panel will consist of
- Chary-Jay - https://www.youtube.com/user/160Days2Lose2
- Sophia Murphy - http://rootstocurls.com/our-story/
- Samantha Gomez - https://www.youtube.com/user/MyKinkyCurls/about
- DJ Lissa Monet - http://lissamonet.com/
- Natural Neiicey -https://www.youtube.com/user/PGneiicey
- Dwayne Morgan - www.dwaynemorgan.ca
What: the topic is "Hair Envy"
- Portion of proceeds will be going to the Power to Girls Foundation - http://www.powertogirls.com/
- We will be hosting sponsored giveaways and a raffle
- First 30 people to arrive and those with VIP tickets will receive a premium gift bag!
- Light refreshments will be served
- A special event cocktail will be available for purchase
- Networking, Meet and Greet, and Vendors will on site!
Check out the promo video from our inagural event: "Is protective styling political or simply a style choice?"