We're in store!You can find several of our hair products in store at Honey Fig. Visit HoneyFig 4967 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M2N 5N6 - (416) 226-2100 ...
The Politics of Black Hair | Is Protective Styling Political or Simply a Style Choice?Footage from the first event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZDgpmHUwE Want tickets to the next event? On May 31, 2015 @ Revival (783 College S...
The Politics of Black Hair | The series: Inaugural Event
The Politics of Black Hair: The Series
Topic: Is protective styling political or simply a style choice? PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
$10 Advance Tickets | $15 VIP Tickets | Limited $20 Tickets available at the door
For centuries, women of colour have been told that their hair in its natural state isn't good enough.
Do we judge black women by whether or not they straighten their hair? Is a protective style(weave/ wig/ braids/ twists) a political hairstyle? Can you style your hair anyway you want or are you always making a political statement?
Review: Toni Daley - Fresh Start Mud Mask and Holy Grail ConditionerHey everyone! The awesome Toni Daley of tonidaley80 and the jewelry line www.tonidaley.com did a review of both Fresh Start Mud Mask and Holy G...
Ingredients: Organic Camellia Seed OilThe "ingredients" category is how we plan to showcase descriptions of our ingredients. We want to make sure you are informed about what you are p...
Eco: What are those nuts?What are those nuts? Packing peanuts that is.. Did you know… We only use packing peanuts made from cornstarch. They are not only biodegradable, but...
Press: Review by Ari of Afrochronicles876Excerpt from her full review below: ...."What more could you ask for in a all Natural product! I was so excited to be able to meet with the creat...
Why switch from 'shampoo' to Mud Mask?The mix of Dead Sea Mud and Moroccan volcanic clay extracts impurities from your hair, deep cleaning and conditioning it, without leaving a residue...
D.I.Y | How to: Hot Oil Treatment**When attempting any hair/skin care tool/technique that requires heat do so with EXTREME caution. Your safety comes before any style. **
When you hear the phrase "hot oil treatment" you of course think "hot oil" when in actuality it's more like "a warm, but not warm enough to burn treatment".
Why do a hot oil treatment?
- When you hair is dry, the hair shaft becomes weak and damaged. Resulting in your hair breaking and splitting. Not only does this make your hair appear frizzy and unhealthy, it also makes it seem as if it is just not growing, since the ends keep breaking off.
- When you apply a hot oil treatment it penetrates and seals moisture into the hair shaft. The appearance of smoother healthier hair starts by the treatment coating and smoothing ends.
- After relaxing treatments or any kind of chemical processing, hot oil treatments can help improve elasticity, moisture and sheen.
- It not only conditions the hair, it detangles it as well, preventing further breakage from brushing and pulling the hair.
- Both long and short term benefits from helping to prevent further breakage.
- Application of the treatment helps to promote circulation and blood flow to the scalp through the gentle massage.
- This process encourages the production of the scalp's natural oils, which are the ideal oils for keeping the hair healthy.
Below we list out the steps to achieving a marvelous treatment that will leave your hair soft, supple and happy. Because as we say here at Curls With Care "happier hair, happier you!".
Step 1 : Cleanse hair or alternatively dampen hair.
Click link to read the complete step by step directions...